Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2007

“I make eggs (zero income) from my Google Adsense!”

I was in a group MSN Chat the other day and wasn’t really paying attention to the whole topic until I saw that someone ‘have three eggs’ per day. I was like, WOW, those cholesterol! They only realised that I thought they really mean chicken eggs.

Actually, they were lamenting that sometimes, their Google Adsense have zero income, i.e. 0.00. Well, let me share a bit about my Google Adsense ride because I just realised that I have official earned USD8K in the last two years. I joined Google Adsense in August 2005. Before that I was banned once due to fradulent clicks. Yay! I earned the ‘Bad blogger’ status before.

Here are what you should know before having ideas that Google Adsense is the goose that lays the golden eggs. Hmmm..google, goose, adsense, no cents. Nice eh?

1) If you have no traffic you can ditch your Adsense or you may end up with depression and a serious issue with your self-esteem.

2) Google Adsense is like that ‘Exit’ door to many people who are noobs. So, if you are blogging for tech geeks and those who are in the more ‘literate’ group, you can forget about it. But if you are catering to kids and grandmas, then, it is worth putting that ‘Exit’ door. In fact, I have never clicked on a single Adsense for as long as I remember. LOL.

Why Exit? Because when someone ‘fell’ into your blog, they need to get out somewhere. So, those Adsense are their way of ‘going out’ of your blog.

3) Expect zero income for months if you have no niche topic.

4) If you read about people earning big money from Adsense, I can tell you that 80% of them are lying.

5) Google Adsense is like a time bomb, about to detonate anytime. You never know when your account is going to be suspended. And income is never stable. One day you get a lot, next whole week, nothing much, then it spikes and up and down it goes.

How to earn money from Adsense then?

a) Build your blog content, focus on specific topics;

b) Build your traffic;

c) Spy around those blogs that you look up to and try to use the same format they use;

d) Forget that you have the ads there;

e) Read my blog and especially those topics under the specific category related to making money