Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2007

Are you making money from Google search box?

I do. When it was first introduced a few months ago, I already started making my own search engines. You can create your own by going to Google Co-op.

adsense_search

Just an example, I do get a few dollars per day just from searches. The above figure is a screenshot I took for the last 10 hours. (today means 3pm Malaysian time)

So, what is Google Co-op?

Google Co-op is a platform that enables you to customize the web search experience for users of both Google and your own website.

Create your own search engine
Harness the power of Google search technology to create a free Custom Search Engine that reflects your knowledge and interests - and make money from the resulting traffic.

What I did was to create a few versions.

One for my two food blogs.

One for my parenting site.

and one which I call it as my empire.

So, I took the codes and paste it on my individual sites. When people wants to search, they will be drawn to the search box and key in their keywords.

search

They will then be lead to a page dedicated to only posts on our own domains. Of course, you can include your friends’ blogs as well if you are feeling generous. Some relevant Google ads results will appear on top of our searches and if people click on those, then, kaching! If not, they will still be running around our domains. Now, isn’t that neat?

search2

Can we use the search box? I don’t know. I do use it but I never click on the sponsored ads on the top.

Now, have you make use of this search box? Do try it. I get decent income sometimes. As you can see from the first screenshot, there are only 10 queries and a few clicks have earned me USD2.89. LOL, I know USD2.89 is peanuts but it is a lot to me.